What do relationships, houses and living walls have in common? They each require a sturdy foundation in order to stand the test of time. For many of the living walls we build at True Vert®, that sturdy foundation is Cortiça Garden.
Meet Cortiça Garden
Cortiça Garden specializes in 100% sustainable carbonized cork systems designed specifically for living wall installations. The company is the nation’s leading distributor of carbonized cork systems and is utilized by visionary architects, designers, and builders. The patented design is the first and only sustainable living wall system that can be customized for commercial, industrial, urban or residential use.
Carbonized cork is an adaptable material that provides ideal conditions for faster and easier plant adaptation, easy maintenance and long-lasting, thriving plant life. Cortiça Garden took advantage of these qualities using unique patented technology to create the world’s first eco-friendly vertical garden wall system made from carbonized corkboard. The patented system enables plants to naturally grow using minimal to no soil. Automated built-in irrigation also helps simplify maintenance and care, making Cortiça Garden’s systems unlike any other vertical garden systems currently available on the market.
Here are a few other reasons why trust Cortiça Garden as our distributor for living wall systems:
- Modular living wall systems and edge-to-edge installation mean that the system for each project is fully customizable and can be adapted to fit the size and space requirements.
- Natural, environmental-friendly, and 100% recyclable materials create less waste and reduce your carbon footprint.
- The cork systems are incredibly lightweight and easy to install.
- A wicking irrigation system equals easy maintenance and ensures the longevity of the plants.
- The elastic, flexible nature of the material means it’s able to withstand variations in temperature.
- Anti-flammable and heat-resistant properties ensure product safety, even in dry climates.
- Impermeable to liquids and gases means it’s resistant to moisture, enabling aging without deterioration.
In addition, Cortiça Garden’s sustainable carbonized cork systems have a product life of over 50 years, making it a long-lasting investment for living wall installations. With these systems, there are no harmful chemical emissions as they are made from 100% natural cork and pit moss. The cork also has noise-reducing properties, making it great for noisy cityscapes and even in residential backyards adjacent to loud neighbors. From an aesthetic perspective, the cork systems are completely covered when plants are installed—the only thing you’ll see is a beautiful, natural living wall.
To learn more about Cortiça Garden, visit their website at corticagarden.com. We are also happy to answer any questions you have about the cork systems we use here at True Vert®. Contact us today and we’ll point you in the right direction.